The Registration Wing of the Office of the Wafaqi Mohtasib, the first and important interface with the public, where they file their complaints against the Federal Institutions. A more citizen friendly approach, simplification of processes, time management, use of technology, trained personnel, accessibility, efficiency are the main attributes of this wing.
The main purpose of this wing is to examine the complaints at preliminary stage and process them under the law. As per chapter II, the Assistant Registrar shall on receipt of the complaint from the Registry,
i. Allot a registration number to the complaint;
ii. Examine the complaint along with the documents attached thereto;
iii. Analyze the main points of the complaint;
iv. Enter the main grievance on WMS-Form “B”; and
v. Forward the complaint for admission or rejection by the Mohtasib or the
The process of filing the application in Wafaqi Mohtasib Secretariat is very simple and easy. A complaint written in English or Urdu may be presented at the Head Office or any of the Regional Offices having jurisdiction as said by the complainant personally or through his representative or may be sent by post, courier service, fax, e-mail or Online. Every complaint should, wherever possible, be accompanied by WMS Form “A”(an affidavit).If a complaint is not accompanied by WMS-Form ‘A’(an affidavit), it shall be accompanied by a solemn affirmation that, —
(a) the allegations contained in the complaint are correct and true to the best of knowledge and belief of the complainant;
(b) previously no complaint on the subject was filed at the Head Office or any of the Regional Offices;
(c) no suit, appeal, petition or any other judicial proceedings in connection with the subject matter of the complaint is pending before any Court, Tribunal or Board.
The Registrar shall on receipt of the complaint from the Registry, allot a registration number to each and every complaint by using CMIS . The Head Office and Regional offices have their own system generated complaint numbers. The complaint examined under Art 2(1), (2), Art 9 and Art 10 of P.O No 1 of 1983 read with the “Federal Ombudsmen Institutional Reforms Act 2013'' along with the documents attached thereto. The main points of the complaint are properly analyzed and the data entry of all complaints done on CMIS where different codes of mal-administration incorporated. The CMIS then generated WMS Form B, a gist of the whole complaint in the shape of a single sheet. The WMS Form 'B' is then forwarded for admission or rejection by the Mohtasib or the Authorized Officer within 24 Hours. Acknowledgement letters on every complaint are issued for information of the complainants by Registrar/Assistant Registrar.
Where the complaints are admitted, the Authorized Officer/I.O shall call a report from the concerned Agency and where a complaint is rejected in limine, the Registrar/Assistant Registrar shall inform the complainant of the reasons for rejection of the complaint and consign the file to the Record.
The Registrar shall make every effort to ensure that the registration of complaints, their preliminary examination and submission to the Authorised Officer or Mohtasib, acknowledgement of receipt after admission, and entrustment to the Investigating Officers is not delayed. A benchmark of 24 Hours set for this purpose.
For facilitation of the complainant an online registration module in the CMIS now allows complainants to file their complaints online. This link is available on the Wafaqi Mohtasib’s website and is titled “Online Complaint”. Another module specifically dedicated to children related complaints to support the Children’s Complaints Office which was opened as a part of the Wafaqi Mohtasib Secretariat to attend the complaints against public agencies responsible for the promotion of child rights and their welfare.
COMPLAINTS UNDER MOBILE APP.
In order to facilitate the common poor man to file complaints with this Secretariat, the facility of Mobile App was launched and uptill now .................complaints were received on this App. Through this system it will be easier for general public to submit their complaints as majority of people use android phones and this App provided easily excess to people for filing their complaints. The neglected and deprived class of the society including females belong to remote area would be able to approach this Secretariat to get relief in their complaints against Federal Govt Agencies. The Overseas Pakistanis will, of course, major beneficial of this App as they could easily registered their complaints and get response from concerned agencies.
Integrated Complaints Registration System.
Federal Ombudsman Secretariat has established Integrated Complaint Registration System for all Federal Government Agencies in which the complainants can first approach directly to the concerned Agency and the relevant department will be bound to respond within 30 days from the date of receipt of complaint. If the Agency is not taking any action on the respective complaint, then this will be transferred to the I.T. system of Federal Ombudsman and will be treated as a regular complaint. Progress report will be submitted to this Secretariat.
Almost 160, Federal Agencies are inter connected with our CMIS system and almost .........................complaints were received in last year.
COMPLAINT FACILITATION CELL
Complaint Facilitation Cell has been established in the Wafaiq Mohtasib Secretariat Islamabad under the supervision of Registrar, WMS to facilitate the complainants and provide guidance to the visitors. The Complaint Facilitation Cell provides the following assistance, guidance and facilitation to the complainants:
- Register all fresh complaints through on-net system and provide receipt who visits Facilitation Cell.
- Provide guidance to the complainants how to file a complaint against a specific Agency pinpointing mal-administration.
- Help to prepare & draft complaints to uneducated person/complainants.
- Help & inform the complainants about the present status & hearing dates in person & on telephone.
- Help the aged complainants while approaching the rooms of investigation officers.
- Guide the complainants whose complaints fall under the jurisdiction of Civil Courts, FST, NEPRA, OGRA and High Courts, etc.
- Prepare daily report of all activities of the Registrar's Wing.
In year 2019, total 72,063 complaints were registered by this wing from all over the Pakistan ,out of which ........... (....... %) complaints were admitted for Investigation and .........(.... %) were rejected in limine.
The works assigned to Registration Wing are as under :
- Deputy Registrar/Assistant Registrar on receipt of the complaint from the Registry, shall allot a registration CMIS number immediately to each complaint by using CMIS.
- Prior examination of every complaint shall be done by the Deputy Registrar/Assistant Registrar and final decision of rejection / admission would be taken by the concerned Registrar at Head Office / Regional Offices.
- Every complaint shall be examined under Art 2 (1)(2), Art 9 , Art 10 of P.O No 1 of 1983 along with the documents attached thereto. The main points of each complaint are properly analyzed and the data entry of every complaint shall be done on CMIS.
- Strict scrutiny of complaints shall be done while admitting the same. Special measures shall be taken for early Registration/Disposal of complaints. Every complaint shall be forwarded to the concerned quarter within 3 working days.
- Subject of the complaint should be such that it identifies the nature of mal-administration as defined in Article 2(2) of P.O No 1 of 1983.
- Provincial matters, Service matters, Defence matters , Foreign Affairs ,Contract matters, Private matters ,matters relating to Private agencies , demands like employment, financial assistance, adjudicated/sub-judice cases, policy matters and academic matters of educational institutions etc may be rejected at initial stage.
- Volume / Amount of the complaint, wherever applicable must be mentioned in WMS Form B (Face sheet).
- A computer generated WMS Form B (Face sheet), incorporating gist of the whole complaint in the shape of a single sheet, must be attached with each and every registered complaint.
- The WMS Form 'B' is then forwarded for admission or rejection by the Mohtasib or the Authorized Officer within 24 Hours.
- Admission and Rejection of the cases must be finalized within 3 working days. Admitted complaints must be forwarded to concerned I.Os and Regional Offices within 3 working days.
- Acknowledgement letters in rejected cases in limine stage must be issued in every complaint for information of the complainant stating therein reasons of rejection.
- Review petitions must be processed on priority basis.
- The conditions of 30 days as laid down in Section 13 of Federal Ombudsmen Institutional Reforms Act 2013, in review petitions, shall be followed and all time barred petitions be rejected in limine stage after approval of the competent authority.
- All those review petitions having no fresh grounds or solid reasons shall be rejected in limine stage during the review process after approval of the competent authority.
- Guidelines for admission and rejection of cases issued from time to time shall be followed in true spirit while processing of the complaints.
The following initiatives were taken by Registration Wing for improvement of registration process ,
- Develop a system for eradication of duplicate registration of complaints,
- Issuance of clarification regarding cases of contractual matters,
- Issuance of clarification regarding admissibility of service related cases,
- Streamline the process of integrated complaints received through 160 Federal agencies,
- streamline the process of registration of Review cases .
- Streamlining the issue of Allocation, Re-allocation of the investigation assignment, and entrustment of investigation.