Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked questions (FAQs) about Complaints

What can I complain to the Wafaqi Mohtasib about?

We can receive and handle complaints against any case of 'maladministration' in any Federal Government agency.

What are the types of complaints the Wafaqi Mohtasib can't help with?

We cannot help you if your complaint is about:

  • matters that are sub-judice / Adjucated
  • external Affairs
  • defense matters
  • service matters

Are there any steps I should take before making a complaint to the Wafaqi Mohtasib?

Although it is not mandatory to do so, we advise that you complain first to the agency you believe is responsible for mal-administration. This may lead to an early resolution at the level of the agency itself.

Is there a time limit for making a complaint?

Yes. Complaints must be filed within 3 months of the cause of your grievance. Exceptions can be made, but are rare and subject to your providing reasonable justification for the delay in making the complaint.

Will the Wafaqi Mohtasib investigate anonymous complaints?

No. The Wafaqi Mohtasib does not undertake an investigation into anonymous complaints.

Can someone else make a complaint on my behalf?

No. The complaint must be made by the aggrieved person himself/herself.

How much does it cost to make a complaint?

The Wafaqi Mohtasibs services are free.

How can I make a complaint?

Complaints can be made to our head office or regional offices:

Complaints can be made in English or Urdu and preferably on the prescribed Form A which is available at and from all our offices. Our staff will assist in completing any deficiencies in your complaint when you appear for the first hearing.

What should I include in my complaint?

Keep it simple and stick to the facts. Be as specific as possible about dates, names and other important details. There should be enough information for the Wafaqi Mohtasib to understand the circumstances of your complaint and decide how to deal with it. When writing your complaint, think about:

a)       What happened?

b)       Where did the events take place?

c)       When (time and date)?

d)       Who was involved? Names, designations of officers or staff

e)       Do you have any documents which may be relevant? If so, you may supply copies there of with your complaint.

f)         Have you taken any action already in relation to your complaint? What happened?

g)       What action or outcome would you like to see as a result of your complaint?

What happens after I make a complaint?

All complaints made to the Wafaqi Mohtasib are first screened to see if they fall within our jurisdiction. If not, the complainant will be informed of the reasons why the Wafaqi Mohtasib will not handle his complaint. If the complaint falls within our jurisdiction, we will process it as per our defined procedures. All complaints will be handled in the strictest confidence and the complainants will be informed of the results of their complaints.

What happens next?

If the Wafaqi Mohtasib admits your complaint, an investigation is initiated. You and the agency complained against will both be given equal opportunities to present your side of the story. After this investigation is completed, the Wafaqi Mohtasib gives his decision on the complaint. If he finds the agency has treated you fairly and in accordance with law, he will deny your request. In case he finds the agency guilty of maladministration, he will send his recommendations to the agency, specifying action to be taken within a defined time period. The Wafaqi Mohtasib then follows up with the agency on implementation of the recommendations. If the Wafaqi Mohtasib concludes that the agency is acting in defiance of the recommendations and willfully not implementing them he will file a formal reference to the President of Pakistan, who may at his discretion, give further directions to the agency directly.

How long does it take to resolve a complaint?

This varies from complaint to complaint but we aim to resolve complaints within 3 to 6 months.

What can I expect from the Wafaqi Mohtasib?

We aim to redress grievances as fairly and quickly as possible and to deal with the complainant respectfully.

Can I appeal against the recommendation of the Wafaqi Mohtasib?

Once the Wafaqi Mohtasib has given a decision on your complaint, you can make a representation to the President of Pakistan within 30 days of receipt of the decision, if you are dissatisfied with it. The agency against whom you had complained also has the right to make representation to the President within the same time period. The Mohtasib's decision does not affect your legal rights and you are still free to seek other legal remedies available in relation to your complaint, including going to court.

What if I am dissatisfied with the service provided by the Wafaqi Mohtasib?

You can write, email, or fax to the Secretary, Wafaqi Mohtasib Secretariat, if you think we have:

a)       treated you unfairly or rudely

b)       failed to explain things properly or

c)       caused unreasonable delays.


عمو می طو ر پر پو چھے جا نے والے سوا لا ت اور ان کے جوا با ت


سوال ……میں کس قسم کی شکا یت کر سکتا ہوں؟

جواب…… آپ وفاقی حکو مت کے کسی بھی ادارے کی بد انتظا می کے خلا ف وفاقی محتسب میں شکا یت کر سکتے ہیں۔

سوال ……وفاقی محتسب کا ادارہ  کن معا ملا ت میں مدد نہیں کر سکتا؟

جواب ……وفاقی محتسب  کا  ادارہ درج ذیل معا ملا ت میں آ پ کی مدد نہیں کر سکتا

٭……عدا لتوں میں زیر سما عت معا ملا ت یا فیصلہ شدہ

٭……امور خا رجہ سے متعلق شکا یات

٭……دفا ع سے متعلق شکا یات

٭…… ملا زمت کے معا ملا ت (Service Matters) کے با رے میں شکا یات    

سوال ……وفاقی محتسب میں شکا یت کر نے سے پہلے مجھے کیا کر نا چا ہئیے؟

جواب ……گو یہ ضروری نہیں تا ہم اگر وفا قی محتسب میں شکا یت سے پہلے اپنی شکا یت متعلقہ ادارے کے اعلیٰ حکام کے نو ٹس میں لے آ ئیں تو ممکن ہے اس طر ح آپ کا مسئلہ متعلقہ ادارے کی سطح پر ہی حل ہو جا ئے۔

سوال ……کیا شکا یت کر نے کے لئے کو ئی وقت کی معیاد بھی ہے؟

جواب…… کسی محکمے سے شکا یت پیدا ہو نے کے تین ما ہ کے اندر درخواست دینا ضروری ہے تا ہم استثنائی صو رتوں میں تا خیر کا معقول جواز بتا نا چا ہئیے۔

سوال ……کیا وفاقی محتسب میں گمنا م درخواست پر کا رروا ئی کی جا تی ہے؟

جواب ……نہیں۔وفاقی محتسب گمنا م درخواستوں پر کا رروائی نہیں کر تا۔

سوال……شکا یت کر نے کی فیس کیا ہے؟

جواب ……وفاقی محتسب میں شکا یت کر نے کی کو ئی فیس نہیں اور نہ ہی کسی وکیل کی ضرورت ہے؟

سوال ……کیا کسی فیصلے کے خلا ف نظر ثا نی کی اپیل کی جا سکتی ہے؟

جواب ……جی ہاں! وفاقی محتسب کو تیس دن کے اند ر اندر نظر ثا نی کے لئے اپیل کی جا سکتی ہے۔ جس پر دو نئے جج صاحبان دوبا رہ سما عت کر تے ہیں اور حقا ئق کی مز ید چھان بین کر نے اور دونوں پا رٹیوں کو سننے کے بعد دو با رہ فیصلہ دیا جا تا ہے۔

سوال ……اگر پھر بھی شکا یت کنند ہ فیصلے سے مطمئن نہ ہو تو وہ کہیں اور اپیل کر سکتا ہے؟

جواب ……جی ہاں! آپ وفاقی محتسب کے فیصلے کے خلا ف تیس دن کے اندر صدر پا کستان کے پا س اپیل کر سکتے ہیں۔ یہی حق ایجنسی کا بھی ہے، اگر فیصلہ اس کے خلا ف ہے تو متعلقہ ادارہ بھی صدر پا کستان کو اپیل کر سکتا ہے۔علا وہ ازیں محتسب کا فیصلہ آپ کے قا نو نی حقو ق کو متا ثر نہیں کر تا اور آ پ کسی عدا لت میں بھی جا سکتے ہیں۔

سوال ……مجھے اپنی شکا یت میں کو ن کون سی معلو مات لا زمی فرا ہم کر نی چا ہئیں؟

جواب ……آپ اپنی درخواست میں اصل حقا ئق بیان کر یں۔ کیا ہوا، کب ہوا، کس مقا م پر ہوا۔ متعلقہ محکمے کے کون کون افسران یا عملہ ملو ث ہے۔ اپنی

شکا یت کے حق میں متعلقہ دستا ویزات، کا غذات، شنا ختی کارڈ، ایڈریس، موبائل فون نیز کو ئی اور ثبو ت ہوں تو وہ بھی شا مل کر یں اور یہ بھی لکھیں کہ آپ اپنے حق میں کیا چا ہتے ہیں۔

سوال ……شکا یت جمع کرا نے پر کیا کا رروائی کی جا تی ہے؟

جواب ……شکا یت ملنے پر سب سے پہلے یہ جا نچ پڑ تال کی جا تی ہے کہ یہ شکا یت ہما رے دائر ہ کار میں آتی ہے یانہیں۔اگر نہیں آ تی تو شکا یت کنند ہ کو وجو ہات بتا دی جا تی ہیں بصورت دیگر اسے رجسٹر کر کے متعلقہ ایجنسی سے تحریر ی جواب طلب کیا جا تا ہے۔ جہاں ضروری ہو
شکا یت کنند ہ اور متعلقہ ایجنسی کے نما ئند وں کو بلا کر کیس کی سماعت بھی کی جا تی ہے اور دونوں پا رٹیوں کا مو قف سن کر قوا عد و ضوا بط کے مطا بق فیصلہ تحر یر کیا جا تا ہے۔

سوال ……شکا یت کا فیصلہ ہو نے میں عمو ماًکتنا وقت لگتا ہے؟

جواب ……یہ شکا یت کی نو عیت پر منحصر ہے، فیصلہ چند دنوں میں بھی ہو سکتا ہے تا ہم زیا دہ سے زیا دہ ساٹھ دنوں کے اندر فیصلہ کردیا جا تا ہے۔

سوال…… کیا میں وفاقی محتسب سیکر ٹیر یٹ کے عملے کے غلط رویے کے با رے میں شکا یت کر سکتا ہوں؟

جواب ……اگر وفاقی محتسب کے عملے یا افسران میں سے کو ئی آ پ سے صحیح طر ح سے پیش نہ آ ئے، بلا وجہ کیس میں تاخیر کا مر تکب ہوا ہو تو آپ

 سیکر ٹر ی وفاقی محتسب کو تحر یر ی طو ر پر یا بذ ریعہ ای میل یا فیکس کر کے شکا یت کر سکتے ہیں تا کہ اس کا ازالہ کیا جا سکے۔